Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I say...Feel Your Breeze....


FIGHT! OH!

Well, I'm nightshift today. I spent the rest of my day watching...what else? Gokusen Live Action. I bought the DVD (I guess the Japanese original was way better. GMA7 mutilated the show). I wasn't able to finish all the episodes (got as far as um...episode 10 - I'll finish it next week probably, mine eyes are already watering, been watching since 10:00 in the morning and I stopped at what...7:00 in the evening...can you say addicted). I can't even begin to say how much I like (no LOVE) the series. It's definitely dramatic (without being too blatant). I particularly like the character of Kumiko "Yankumi" Yamaguchi (I even have her pic as my avatar---what does that tell you?) We share a some characteristics (being a Geekette for instance). I also love the tension and friendship (perhaps something more??) between her and Shin Sawada.Wahaha! I suppose I'm too old for this. :D But I'm a Shin-Kumi fan! Can you believe that?

But seriously, I love the series for it's wonderful characters, story (humourous, tear-inducing, action scenes abound...weheheh) and values. Yep! Yankumi does impart values to her students and vice versa. I particularly like the episode in which they (that it to say Yankumi, Sawada, Uchi, Kumai & Minami) confront a teacher from another school (a more prestigious one) to prove Uchi's innocence (he got framed for shop-lifting). I love her "speech" there. Saying that you won't be able to know a person just by looking at him. Appearance is not a guarantee for behaviour (good or otherwise).

Another one is the "basketball-bully" episode. It gave us a glimpse of the young Yankumi, going home with scratches and minor injuries as a result of being bullied. It hit home because yours truly has been bullied (sort of) during my school days (kids can really be mean, although that is NOT an excuse to just pick on someone because he/she is different or "weaker" than yourself...I've said this too many times before). But the real catch in this episode is standing up for yourself when no one else would do it for you. I'm not sure I've been able to do that during my "target" days, but I believe that is how I should have handled it (but at least I got the "pick yourself up and move on" thing. I'm still alive thankfully).

*sigh* I sure am getting talkative eh?

That "Yuta" episode got me too. Especially the part when Yankumi found Yuta in the park (he was trying to master twirling on the sort of barrass believing he can finally see his mom when he does). Truly heartbreaking.

Ok have to go. Practice exercises on the tall order. ;D

2:30 PM - Ok back again. Just finished the practice exercises. :D It's work related if you must know. AHA (semi-loose) style pencils. Ah....lost my train of thought regarding Gokusen. Oh well. :D

What else? I'm really hungry. It's 3:46 am. haven't eaten anything since 10:00 pm. Have to dash to the nearest 7-11.

So uncivilized.... Some people just don't have the manners. Tsk. tsk. What would Obi-Wan say. Speaking of Obi-wan, I'm starting to appreciate him more and more...love his wry humour.

No comments: