Sunday, December 10, 2006

"In Disillusionment and Despair"


My first coloured in a long time. Julianne Moore (one of my favourite actresses, I think she's talented and beautiful too, not "girly" beautiful but more like "Warrior Princess" beautiful) as Clarice Starling. Not Done yet. But...Im quite proud of it, I think I captured Starling's personality in "Hannibal" Era. No longer the naive, young trainee. But a seasoned FBI Agent (if a bit disillusioned).

As of the moment, im moving in to coloured stuff. But they wont be "that" photorealistic anymore, as I have no wish to become a human photocopier. That is NOT the point of a portrait. I'll go for slightly realistic but with more "emotion" in it.

Not done yet, though. The paper was a bit thin and all. This is more like a "study" in preparation for other coloured portraits.
I used coloured pencils here.

For the rest of my stuff please check: http://leiaskywalker83.deviantart.com


Anyway, Agent Clarice Starling remains one my most favourite characters (Padme Amidala, Leia Organa & Eowyn of Rohan follow). The truth is I am pretty much disillusioned with my own life. All the things I wanted to do. It appears as though I keep hitting a glass ceiling.And nothing of import seems to be happening. Im just a drone, breathing but not living. Better if Dementors sucked my soul. Ive just read this fabulous article comparing Clarice with Mina (Harker) and how "Hannibal" is the modern "Dracula". I think the author was absolutely right.

No comments: