Sunday, August 28, 2005

Go home...re-think your life!

Music: Call Me, Call Me - Steve Conte (Cowboy Bebop OST)
Last Movie Seen: The Mothman Prophecies

Quote of the moment: "I'm a dishonest man. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you have to watch out for, you can never tell when they're going to do something incredibly...stupid."

Nothing in particular. Just some random weirdness.

- Last, last week, I almost told the tricycle driver to "Ctrl C!" instead of the customary "Para!". My mind was a bit jumbled, I suppose. A surprise layouting project came up and I was on the side of "hyper-focusing" as I'm busy trying to figure out the printing margins (*my body was on auto-pilot during times like that, and I don't really notice my surroundings*). The words were at the tip of my tongue! Imagine the look on the driver's face if I had said, "Mama! Ctrl C!" :P He might think I'm a loon or something (and he most certainly will).

- Last, last month (i think). A very, very, very annoying customer had the misfortune of ending up here in our office. I struggled mightily to get my temper under control, not to mention a compulsion to wave my hand in a very Jedi-like manner and say..."you want to go home and re-think your life"... or at least "..and retrieve your wits". Also, constantly reminding myself that I must NOT turn to the dark side! (however appealing the idea was at that time) Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hatred. Hatred leads to suffering....Annoying people leads to headaches...headaches lead to the dark side....

- My mom and I were discussing wedding customs from various provinces (particularly Quezon and Nueva Ecija) last Saturday. Some were downright funny and....weird.
Nueva Ecija - after the formal wedding rights, the bride and groom must "outrun" each other on their way out of the church! (imagine turning your wedding day into Gran Tourismo F1 Racing) This is to ensure that the winner will not fall into the "dependent partner" category (aka "under da saya/pantalon" - whack! cleanse your thoughts!you...you...).
Quezon Province - during the "discussion-of-wedding-arrangements" aka "Bulungan", the family of the bride must "steal" (well, not really, since the stolen object will be returned after the wedding) something from the family of the groom. So that the newly weds will have a harmonious (sp?) relationship? Not a good sign, don't you think??

- Currently developing another comic book story. No title yet. But I've got the initial ideas. I got inspired even more while watching "Cowboy Bebop". Unconventional story telling. Surrealism. Subtle hints. Tragedy. Irony. Along the lines of "Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds". Of course, it will have touches of Frank Miller and a dash of Quentin Tarantino. With a bit of Stanley Kubrick. :D

- Lastly, the word was "demure". Yes, probably. If demure was a word used to describe the behaviour of TROLLS and OGRES (No. Not Shrek-ogre, but Ogre-ogre!)

No comments: