Thursday, November 17, 2005

....the unbearable crappiness of being...Part II

As it turns out, I did not die (not physically anyway). Just got a bit tired, all that walking (but that ain't too bad either). So far everything went "fine", just as long as I didn't have to open my mouth. ;)

Got a bit of a headache though. But that didn't last long either.

I've sent the payment for an item I won on E-Bay (today). Finally, a copy of "Silence of the Lambs" novel within my grasp. I've been outbid on Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (but I decided to let it go). The costs of shipping almost cover that of a new copy (but I think this one was the British Edition). I'm also tracking a wonderful new item, Books 1-6 of Stephen King's Dark Tower Series.

I found Dark Tower books on National Bookstore. "Wizard and Glass", "The Wastelands", "The Song of Susanah", "Wolves of the Calla" and "The Dark Tower" - the last part - I'm missing "The Gunslinger" (which I saw on Diplomat and I deeply regret NOT buying it) and "The Drawing of the Three". I'm planning on getting "Wizard and Glass" or maybe "The Wastelands" - both of which being great editions. But it wouldn't be good to have a "fragmented" (that is to say not chronologically) read.

I've also noticed that the main protagonist of Dark Tower, Roland of Gilead bears a personality resemblance to Hellblazer's John Constantine (no, not the movie, please! Constantine is NOT supposed to look like Keanu Reeves...and the way they "butchered" the story...excuse me). Roland sacrifices those closest to him (even the "love" of his life and his "son") - the way Constantine does - in exchange for fulfilling his life's mission (that is stopping the Crimson King from "undermining" the Dark Tower). By book seven almost all members of Roland's Ka-tet have either died or been left behind (with the exception of Oy). I mean, he can be friendly (when he really wants to), but is usually distant (a direct quote from Wiki). So he's another Anti-Hero. :D

No comments: