Friday, November 18, 2005

Yahoo! Yehey! Ang saya ng lola mo!

This is probably the first entry in which I am particularly "happy". Weird isn't it? I am happy. Euphoric, extremely glad and immensely pleased!

Finally, all that work (yes, well I consider being an artist/illustrator a serious occupation - why do you think I'm keen on improving my style? - and all fall secondary to it, including family, and er..friends - unless they happen to be artists as well) seems to be paying off! Starting in "small" amounts of course. *grins widely* But paying off nonetheless.

Here's what happened, I recently made a deal with a certain Mr. Skye Smith (an art collector) from Illinois USA. He'd buy my rendition of Queen Amidala (in all her "pre-senate" glory) for $30.00 (roughly P1,680.00) plus the cost of shipping and handling (he'd shoulder this as well). Wha! Talk about a very pleasant surprise! :D I'm glad I did not give that drawing away! What's more, he'd asked me to draw several more pieces and he'd buy them as well! :D (rawwwrr!)

Now if I could just move on to the second bit of my "battle plan". :D I'd probably have to invest something on Patrick Reid's (Phat's "Lord Tuvitor) new book, "The Chronicles of Tirlannon" Saga (part one - The Freedom Fighter - is out), but once I get the sample illustrations sent to him (he's been quite appreciative of my Phat artworks). I just might become the book's official illustrator! (hehehe..sounds like a long shot, right? but maybe not...look at Tolkien illustrator Ted Nasmith or The Hildebrandt Brothers).

Words can't explain how happy I am now... "para akong naka-drugs". tee-hee!

As an added bonus, I particularly liked the way my new "Maximus Decimus Meridius from Gladiator"
came out. :D (click link to view)

No comments: