Friday, December 09, 2005

off to see "Goblet"

Been reading a few articles on CrimeLibrary.Com and gotten a bit (an understatement) shaken. Plunging into the "depths" of human "bestiality" or "evil" (how else would you call it?)...OUGHT to leave a "sane" person shaken - hey, I know my thought patterns are a bit abnormal at times, but I consider myself not "that" far out, although it's "interesting" -read: scary- to find that "some" of parts of the killers/murderers echo part(s) of myself -or of any other human being come think of it. But reading at CrimeLibrary & other similar sites helps one come to terms with their darker sides (you always know where/when to draw the line). Always hold on to the anchor of "compassion" (even if you think of letting go of it at times - because anything will seem "alright" when that anchor slips - believe me).

Besides there are "other" ways of "channeling" - no, not bottling it all up or even recognizing it, actions like that will lead to more disastrous results - aggression & violence than taking out your enemies or most probably some random person beside you (although there really were times when it's all very tempting). I for one wouldn't say I haven't got a "violent streak", but instead of beating those I despise to death, I resort to drawing (thank the Maker for my talents), sure my drawings (with the exception of portraits) tend to "emulate" violence and angst (I'm a fan of Silent Hill, DOOM, Resident Evil, Hellsing, Sin City, Kill Bill, Stephen King, Full Metal Jacket and Natural Born Killers as much as I am of Lord of the Rings, the Harry Potter Series, Narnia and the NeverEnding Story) but that's just about it.

In the end there's always a huge difference between "thinking" and "doing".You may have fantasized about ripping off someone's head your whole life, but CHOOSING not to implement that fantasy is always the hallmark of a human being and what separates you from Ted Bundy or Joel Rifkin or Jeffrey Dahmer. Of course, I still believe "some" people (about 1% of the population) are "just wired wrong" (how else would you explain the "Poisoner of London", who started his murderous career at 7 or 8 years old? Or how about Mary Bell who started at 10?)

Where's Dumbledore when I need him?? :)

Anyway! Anyway! Enough of that! Never meant for this post to be THIS long. Got a bit carried away. Sorry! :)

I'm off to seeing "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" tomorrow. "Chronicles of Narnia" not being far behind. I'm writing a review if I can manage. :) Have a nice weekend, everyone!

No comments: