Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Out of the Shadowlands and into the "Palace"

My "story" made it to "Raven Days" (under the title: "A Tale From the Shadowlands"). It's a place for a bunch of people like me. Thanks to Ms. Meridith Dixon for taking time. It's nice to know there are "lots" out there who share similar experience(s) and that most, if not all, are moving on with their lives. I've also been reading a couple of articles written by Mr. John Katz from Slashdot (I especially liked "Voices from the Hellmouth" and "The Price of Being Different"). As it has become very annoying to be repeatedly told - both directly and indirectly - that you have "some kind of a problem", when you "know" that is not the case (if anything, they are the ones who seem to have a problem).

Actually, I have another one of those "headaches". We had marketing today and while the people I'm with were a bunch of "laughs" (they loved making jokes and it was really fun), the whole "ride" was dizzying and it made me feel like throwing up. And right now, it's as if my brain had been shunted from side to side. What I want is to go to sleep and never wake up again - ah, I take that back - I wish to wake up a thousand years from now (can you say "Rip Van Winkle"?)

Heh. On a less "depressive" subject. I never thought I'd "follow" a Korean drama. But lately, I was taken to watching "Dae Jang Geum" (The Great Jang Geum/Jewel In the Palace). At least, it has some historical authenticity, and the main protagonist is not annoying, in fact she is very intelligent/creative (and her overall personality is quite "winsome"; very modest and nothing "too" perky, she seems to be a more pleasant version of Jane Eyre + I really like Jeong-ho Min -the "captain-guy"-...boohoo!). I especially liked the way the "Art of Cooking" was presented (although I tend to go scrounging for food everytime I watch this show, as the cuisine is literally mouth-watering ^.^) Oh, and the customs and costumes were nothing short of fascinating. Starts off pretty late, but I'm thinking of getting fan-subs. Now I'm really mad! :p

Back to a more serious topic:

I am on the brink...
on the edge...of a gaping (yawning) abyss. I am about to make an "earth-shaking" and "life-changing" decision (those are bits of exaggeration, mind you). I've done a lot of contemplation lately. I've been "plagued" with "signs" and "portents" and I believe it is time to act upon them. A conclusion regarding "the matter" is nearly made. A bit more introspection and I'll see "tobira no mokou e." :)

No comments: