Monday, October 17, 2005

Open Mouth, Insert Foot! O_o


Edit: I was right. He did see it at The Force. Net. :)

Just had a semi-embarassing incident concerning a fan mail (eh?! believe it or not, I have managed to garner so-called "fans" - I have recently received a set of CDs from a certain Jenny Kong from the US, a fellow DeviantArt-ist, although this was most likely due to the fact that we are both Full Metal Alchemist fans). Mainly from submitting art works to various websites like Phatooine.Net, DeviantArt.Com and IrkenEmpire.Com (Home of Star Wars Alternate Universe - in which I'm a regular illustrator). Maybe I'll quit and become a full-time illustrator instead. Fat chance, though. ;)

The "incident" started when I received an email from a guy called Eddie (he even sent me his photo - in full Colorado Army National Guard uniform - holding a combat rifle o_o), in which he told me how much he appreciates the emotional content of my work(s). "Very deep", he said (although for some reason I'm a bit perplexed by this description. Very deep? very deep??). At the same time, he also asked me if I could write back and explain the idea or ideas behind (inspiration, background, how it was done most likely) the work(s). So, I responded quite enthusiastically. I described my various works as he asked, telling him my personal insight. I clicked the "send" button and off the letter goes!

A few minutes later, I got a very confused response. Apparently he was talking about artworks which I have failed to mention in my email - in other words, it was entirely something else! - he says it was "the Amidala and Vader" picture (likely a digitally created montage), which I cannot remember making (I have submitted various stuff at the web and I can't seem to remember most of it nowadays, except for the ones at DA, Phat and IE). He must have seen it at TFN or Moons of Iego, or some site I can no longer recall! And there I was rambling on and on about "Goodnight Padme", "Skywalker Family" and "Young Anakin" portraits! hah! embarrassing...eeeeeeeeemmmmmbarrrassssing. :lol:

Excuse me while I go crawl under a rock where I belong. :D

No comments: