Wednesday, October 26, 2005

W.t.F?! >.<

I am EXTREMELY annoyed! And I have been for about three days in a row.

The first day was because..hmmm..can't remember much, probably lack of proper sleep, but I really can't be sure. I'm just..I don't know..feeling a bit "snappish".

The second day, it was because I waited in line for too long at the Centro Supermarket...ehem!..."express lane" counter... (i was on the verge of shouting, "Kindly remind me again WHY this is CALLED the EXPRESS LANE??!), because the cashier had some "trouble" with a certain product code or what not...and there were lots of "passing throughs", "asking questions" and "kindly wait". I ended up paying at another counter.. (the 20+ items or more type) and I got it a lot faster than the so-called express lane. That was a bit irrational of me, I must admit. Oh, and I remembered going into a store where the "sales people" behave like...yes...Trolls. My point was, WHY go into customer service if you can't handle it?? I for one, KNOW that I can't deal with too many people (because I have "quite a temper"). Therefore, I would NEVER go into customer service! I'd choose less "people" oriented or mostly solitary jobs (which was what I think I'd done). But no, these people are different. They'd be better off as sepulchers somewhere, I know. And what's up with sales people who insist on dogging your footsteps while you browse through?! I haven't found anything MORE annoying than that. "I will ask for your help when I need it, thank you. Now, kindly leave me in peace while I have a look around. Don't worry, I'm not a shop lifter or anything. Oh, and I can also read and think for myself -so you won't need to buzz around like a mosquito- what I don't know, I'll ask!" There are also sales people who cannot seem to answer with a concise "yes" or "no". They go "yes, and...blah, blah, blah" or "no, but...blah, blah, blah". And the more they blab, the more I lose interest in remotely buying anything. Mostly happens in clothing/accessory stores - yes, even in "brand" stores, but less frequent - I've lost interest in buying clothes sometime ago (the repeated "trying ons" and preening in the dressing room mirror was just not my "way"), these days I just give my size and ask my mother or a friend to get it for me. I'm not too "fussy" with clothes so...not much of a problem.

Hmmmm...what I'm about to say next may be somewhat related. I used to "watch" my cousin's mini-store in Sta. Rosa, Laguna (I was 15? 16?) The reason I got "kicked out" - but not really, because I had a bad case of head cold and nasal allergies - too much pollution - I decided to go home - was (maybe) because I was "too honest" with customers and yes, you've guessed it, I have a nasty temper when "provoked". There was one guy who kept asking "is this original?" (of course I was quite "nice" -or as nice as I can be at the be - at the beginning, I told him the sound was quite alright) - pertaining to a "pirated cd/tape" - and it was clear that he really wasn't going to buy anything, I replied with a very terse, "Obvious, isn't t?! If you're looking for original cd's go to either Oddessey or Radiocity!" That's when I learned my lesson. I won't get into customer service.

Besides, I only frequent (in person) stores like National Bookstore (no dogging, no blabbing, sales clerk stands like Buckingham Palace guards until you ask them something, no overly-solicitous and very fake looking smiles - just a simple "welcome" and "come back soon" was quite enough), BookSale and Odessey.

The third day (meaning today!) - back to the main topic - it was because of another customer "asking questions" again, but I have explained all the facts and principles to her months ago, very clearly! But as Hermione put it, her head seems to be "thicker than a concussed troll"! A little "technicality" won't kill you, I swear!

No comments: