Monday, September 19, 2005

+ The Principle of Equivalent Exchange +



"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth." - Alphonse Elric (Full Metal Alchemist)

Bah! How true!

In connection to the above statement, I have finally acquired the PC memory I've been asking about for about...uh...10 years. :0 But I've lost my Operating System (Win ME), I am now using Ubuntu (Linux For Dinosaurs -and Cave Men-).Bad, Savvy?

Anyway, I didn't go to work yesterday (Monday). I'm "sick". Right. I slept most of the day, and made some sketches (Amidala). It's a habit. I like "sleeping my problems away", for a while, before I seriously start finding solutions. It relieves the stress. Most of the time.

I still have the Ateneo Alumni website to work on. But I've got tons of related problems regarding my OS.

No. Seriously. I don't feel like going to work today. What I want to do, is sleep like Rip Van Winkle (for a hundred years). Hey, I wonder what my parents would do if started dragging my feet?

I'm tired. I feel tired almost all the time. Not to mention being increasingly put out day after day. Sometimes, I get the impression that my brains are coming off the top of my head. It's as if I'm "running on empty." In short, I feel like sh*t. What else? I have a migrane. typical.

I did Amidala (peacock/rasta-stargate gown) yesterday, as I have mentioned earlier. I had to revise the portrait twice, since her face was at a rather tricky angle. As it turned out, third time's a charm. I'm concentrating more on "sub-realism". I want that photographic,"grainy-look" perfected. I'll try to look for bristoll pencils, blending sticks and a larger sketch pad the next time I visit the National Bookstore.

I have worn the dreaded uniform today. Very itchy. Feels like thousand needles pricking the skin. But of course, you can't expect anyone to understand that.

No comments: