Thursday, September 01, 2005

random thoughts

Music: Spieluhr (Music Box) - Rammstein

"Buy Filipino" -

"Tangkilikin ang Sariling Atin". With Filipino food I have no problem doing just that :). About other things like music (especially that), tv shows and films, I'm not too sure.

Music - I don't know. Maybe I need more research, but our current offerings (bands, artists & songs) cannot seem to satisfy. I mean, why listen to songs which you can't relate to?? That's the whole point of listening right??

Most songs are distastefully love-centric (meaning the theme was handled in such an obvious manner). Which as my friend said, "nakaka-pangati na" (meaning = repulsive). Hmmm. The latest I happened to somewhat like were "Stay" by Cueshe (only the tune), "Same Ground" by Kitchie Nadal (her only "saving grace" after that dreadful "hit" of hers) and "Garden of Eden" by Bridge (browsed their site and that's the only one I loved...so far) of Eraserheads, Parokya, Siakol, Rivermaya etc... Especially E-heads. Loved their songs, mostly the not so popular ones. Not necessarily the band. I'm not into collecting posters, attending concerts and stuff like that. Just the songs. That's more than enough.

Anyway, I'm looking for something more than what's currently playing. I'm not exactly sure how to phrase it. More "depth", maybe?? Hmmm...More "brooding" tones and messages. Hey, I'll admit it I'm more of an "angst 'n darkness" person so...hell, I find beauty in the grotesque and light in the darkness (poetic?). Dark Star is to Midnight Sun! Arakkis...Dune... (eyes glaze)....enough!

Back on Earth. I'm looking for the Filipino equivalent of Rammstein (German Metal Band - very haunting tunes - wohohoh!), Black Sabbath, Brorder Daniel, KMFDM, Radiohead etc...it's frustrating that I have to search elsewere (I've recently "discovered" a Polish band - good for my taste)!

But I'm not all into Metal and Rock. I have a pretty eclectic taste. Classical, Jazz, and hell...even Opera-type tunes. A combination's even better! Let me put it this way, Metal & Rock for angsty moods, Classical-ish for more placid ones. The only ones I avoid are the "now that i have found you" , "you're still the one" types (if you get my meaning). Makes my skin crawl.

But of course, I'm quite aware that the Philippine music industry does not exist to satisfy me! :D Too bad?

1 comment:

The Bad Angel said...

hey i have a radiohead album...u might wanna check it out...and i'll lend u my bridge's "love from lust" album. listen to "makinarya" and "kathang isip" baka magustuhan mo. :)