Thursday, September 15, 2005

+ Welcome back, Ms. Anderson. We missed you. +

"They're laying it on a bit thick, aren't they?"

Ah. The flippant mood seemed to have passed over. My two previous posts were leaden with an obvious amount of flippancy. As it would seem, I have no other choice but to follow the company procedures (I mean, technically, I do have a choice and that is "shape up or ship out" - but "ship out" isn't exactly what you would call a palatable "choice", is it?

Well, I suppose I could er...resign and work in a factory somewhere. I practically "aced" all the AMCOR tests including the interview (no kidding). There were 60 applicants and only three of us got through. I even trained for day (that was in AMCOR Paranaque), but I could not stand the "factory atmosphere", where people were treated and herded like machines (plus I could not bear the noise during lunch hour and sitting next to an imbecile talking about the latest "kilig" movie *eyes roll*). Places where individuality and free will were killed was something I am sure to loath. So, rather than accepting a job that has obviously higher benefits, in monetary terms (which really I couldn't care for much - the reason I often get lambasted at home - because I'm not a money person), I chose this job as a Web Developer because I think that it's where I would be able to use (and hopefully improve) my 'talents'. Being able to "create" something (no matter how minute) cancels out all other rewards (monetary included), but of course it would be much better if you could have both. :)


Actually, I consider this a "training ground". Perhaps one day (not far from now, as I have several other prospects), I would be able to work at companies like "Lucas Digital" or maybe "Dreamworks" or "Pixar" or "SquareSoft" (specializing mainly in computer graphics/character design - I believe I have the talent and the imagination). That's my ultimate dream, you know. Companies like those have the right atmosphere for people like myself (allowing creatives to dress - none of those coffin-wear formal uniforms - and decorate their "offices"/"cubicles" as they please). Of course to do that I must first leave the Philippines (like rats to a sinking ship :lol:), and that is a near possiblity *winks* I'm working on steadily. You could not imagine the happiness an artist feels when he/she sees his/her creation come to "life" or fruition. Better than anything, really.
So for now, I'm playing their game. ;) I'm having that itchy uniform tailored next week, when I get a cash advance (hopefully), along with repairs to our leaky roof (it's practically flooding in our house everytime it rains).

No comments: