Wednesday, September 07, 2005

+ The Un-usual Things +

Background Music: "Evenstar" by Howard Shore

The lyrics to The Ramones' Pet Sematary keeps getting stuck in my head. Especially the chorus, which goes like this: "I don't want to be buried in a pet sematary. I don't want to live my life again." I know I've heard them somewhere. I just couldn't remember where!

I've been sleep-talking again last night. And as usual, I was in a state of "displeasure". My mother said I was talking very rapidly, so it was impossible for her to catch what I was saying. All she knows for sure was that I'm stark-raving mad. Funny thing was I could NOT recall having a dream. Maybe I should keep a tape recorder beside me. Just in case, so I can finally figure out what the hell was I talking about!

Moving on. I have started another project last night. While watching the news (the impeachment complaint was "trashed" etc. - it's getting really tiring. And especially annoying when the politicians would say "ang gusto ng sambayanan..." -what the people want-....as if they really care. What the people WANT was to put food on the table, send their kids to school...not another "EDSA"...what were the elections for anyway?! - maybe I'm being naive...but, the hell. Those were the very same politicians who drive luxury cars and live in gigantic mansions -most of them anyway.)

*Clears throat*. As I have said. I started another project. I had this compulsion to draw something new. In this case, Arwen from The Lord of the Rings. Even though I've got other unfinished drawings. Let's see, my works in progress include:

  • John Hartigan (Sin City) as played by Bruce Willis - got the face and half the coat, which is mostly black. The hard part was the background, which consists of raindrops and some buildings. The atmosphere was generally dark, which I love, but unfortunately takes a lot of patience to finish. But I will, look at Nancy Callahan - although I made some adjustments on the background.
  • Asuka Langley Sohryou (NGE) - Got the face and half the hair (right side only). Her hair was pretty detailed as my reference picture was Yoshiyuki Sadamoto's (love his drawings to no end). But still the easiest. She's an anime character.
  • Anakin Skywalker (RotS) - Will finish this eventually. I'm stalling because the hair (again) was such a pain to draw, as well as the Jedi attire.
  • Edward Scissorhands & Kim Bogs - been rotting in my cabinet for a long time. I'm going to re-draw this one. Nothing wrong with it really. I just got bored with it.
  • Arwen Undomiel (LotR) - started this last night.Will have to finish this. Really? Really.

So you see, I'm good at starting things -most of the time- but I have to really push myself to finish them, because I get easily bored. I have a cross-stitching project rotting away in my closet for three years now. It's an "Ice Angel". I have also 3 books which I haven't finished reading (and yet I bought another one). Frustrating sometimes. What else? A painting and a comic book project collecting dust in my "warehouse". tsk. tsk.

The antithesis of that was, when I set myself into finishing something, it borders on "obssesion" and it's not good either. I remember last time I set my sights into finishing "Final Fantasy VIII" (PS 1 RPG game) I did not take a bath for um... one and a half weeks (thankfully it's school vacation - otherwise...), I hardly slept, imagine playing until five in the morning (the level-upping was especially addictive), sleeping for maybe 2 hours, waking up then playing again for a WHOLE day (that's how it went for one and a half weeks!) and no eating either (unless I was yelled at). The game was 4 disks long. I spent maybe 300+ hours on it. That's the reason I decided to stay away from Tantra, Khan and Ragnarok. ;)

The same principle applies with when I draw. And well, pretty much anything I decide to do.:)

No comments: